Forum Rules & Need to Know Information

Server-specific information and help topics.

Moderators: Staff, Admins

Malevolent
Administrator
40%
40%

Forum Rules & Need to Know Information

Need to Know Information
Useful Links:
Forum Rules:
  • Age & Content - For the most part this is a very mature board. However due to the fact kids may play on this server keep things at a PG-13 level.
  • Language - Try to be respectful. If you swear constantly or frequently you're going to have some issues. If you are offended by something someone says then say something. If they won't comply on something that offends you, bring it up to the Staff.
  • Racism - Don't do it, I'll permanently ban you. Throwing an -az on the end of a word does not make it okay! Just because you are not offended does not exclude other people from being offended. Be respectful.
  • Discrimination - Same as Racism. Period.
  • Maturity - Please act mature. Especially when dealing with people who are outside of your "click." This includes but is not limited to Resurgence Staff, Friends/Non-Friends, Guildies/Non-Guildies, New Players, etc.
  • Arguing - Don't argue just for the sake of arguing. Heated discussions are one thing, arguing is crossing the line. It's the job of the moderators and myself to make judgment calls on this issue.
  • Attachments - Anything that isn't considered a picture/image file HAS to be uploaded inside of a ZIP or RAR format. Do not upload anything without a good description of what it is and you better have checked it for viruses. If I find a virus in an attachment you're banned permanently. Maximum of 5 attachments per post, 5 MB per attachment limit.
  • Activity - I don't expect everyone to be post whores. However, all future bug reports, server status, information, etc will be posted here. So I recommend you at least visit semi-frequently.
  • Forum Groups - Groups are simple. Admins, Staff, Senior Members, Members.
  • Post Whoring - Make your post have some relation to the topic or don't post.
  • New Members - Please introduce yourselves in the House Warming Party forum! - This is now mandatory to get put in the Member's user group.
  • Forums - Use the forums for what they are for. Don't post EQ shit in the off topic forum and vice-versa. If you think we need a new forum or category post it in the Request forum.
  • Bug Reports - BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE. You'll save yourself and the GM team a huge headache for every detail you give him.
  • Guilds - If you have a new guild and you want forums, let me know.
  • Replies - Before you reply to a topic/thread make sure you read the whole thread. We don't need to you repeating something someone else already said.
  • Flaming other users - Don't do it. If you need to vent, do it somewhere else.
  • Avatars - 100x100, maximum of 64KB
  • Signatures - Images maximum of 500x150. Maximum of 1024 characters. Maximum of 5 links. You CAN use BBCode and Smilies.
  • Test Posts - If you need to test something out just make a new topic with *TEST* in the title so we can remember to delete it later.
  • Not Safe For Work -If you post a thread that contains material that could get someone in trouble at work please put a *NSFW* pretext in the Subject area when you're posting. Not doing so will result in you having a bad day,
  • Moderators and Admins - These people exact full authority over anything and everything you do or say on these forums. If you have a problem with a decision or something else that a Moderator has done, then you need to bring it up to Malevolent for a final decision.
  • Resurgence Staff - On the same note as Moderators and Admins, DO NOT Argue with or disrespect the Resurgence Staff. If you don't agree with a decision or accusation that has been made then bring it to Specialty's attention. He will be the deciding factor. Don't smart off or act like a tough guy in OOC chat to a Guide (or whoever) because you just got ripped for breaking a rule. Get over it.
  • Have Fun - The major purpose of this forum is the interaction with fellow gamers and the spreading of knowledge and information. Enjoy yourselves while you're here. Try to make the forum a great place for other members to spend their time.